Monday, August 13, 2007

Getting Ready For The Beach


Well, after some six months, it's drawing close to the time I'll be taking Max on vacation with me to Morro Bay for four days. I'll be leaving on Thursday morning and I'm going with some friends. Max will be able to travel in relative comfort in a very large camper/horsetrailer combination (he's ridden in it before with no mishaps). The drive is going to be a bit longer than what we've done before (4 hours) but he'll be with other horses who he knows so it should be allright. I'm also going to not feed him any Omolene or other supplements so he won't be buzzed up, especially when he gets there.

Space is going to be somewhat tight so I'll have to carefully pack and only take the essentials. Yesterday, I helped out, cleaning the trailer out and replacing the shavings and loading up the feed on the truck.

This ought to be interesting and hopefully I'll get some good pictures to post. I just hope he takes to the beach and doesn't have any serious issues with it- some horses are put off by the noise of the surf so we'll have to take it easy.

For a map of Montana de Oro's general location, go HERE.

No comments: