Sunday, July 8, 2007

Ft. MacArthur 2007


Last weekend found me attending a timeline event at Ft. MacArthur located in San Pedro, California. Since my WWI living history group, the Great War Historical Society (GWHS), attended the event, I went with my Co. H, 2nd US Cavalry, circa 1918 on the Western Front impression. I even managed to briefly borrow a buddy of mine's horse (I'm still working on getting Max out to one these events- maybe next year (yeah right, I've been saying that for four years!). I wasn't able to really ride him much since he was having problems with his rear left foot but still it was something. This event is more of a social mixer for reenactors than anything else.

The GWHS set up a German trench display (since there were more Germans than Allies) and we were located by the front gate. Overall, it appears to have gone pretty well. Here's a panoramic view of the German trench display. I'll have more posted soon.


For more information on Ft. MacArthur, click HERE.

No comments: