Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Christmas Ride (Belated)




This is a bit belated since I only just got the pictures from my wife... :-). Just before Christmas Eve, my wife and I decided to go for a trail ride up the Doc Larsen Trail. It's been awhile (almost three years) since my wife had been up there so I decided that it was time. My wife rode Max and I rode another horse, Blue. Max is the perfect horse for her since he's very steady and has few issues on the trail (at least the Doc Larsen). Blue, as I've mentioned before, is probably the slowest horse on the planet and is probably even slower than Max (if such a thing is possible) BUT he's alway very steady and takes a laid-back approach to life.

These were the perfect trail companions and we followed the Doc Larsen to the Bathtub and then further up to the fireroad. We then followed the fireroads and made a loop that eventually took us back to the stables. The above pictures are "proof" that we were there and my wife was especially happy. She plans on returning soon on a regular basis and I hope that the recent rains won't prevent this.

No comments: