Monday, January 7, 2008

Rain Rain Rain

Well this last weekend was a big wash (pardon the pun) in regard to any riding. Unfortunately, Southern California has been hit with a series of heaby rainstorms (shades of 2005!) since last Friday- how convenient!

Because the advance notice of the impending storms, I took the opportunity to go out to the stable and blanket Max with his rainsheet. I'm glad I did. The rain arrived Friday afternoon and continued intermittantly until early this morning. There were alternating periods of heavy rain and no rain, which is good since there was a little time for the water to drain away.

Sunday I went to the stables to check up on Max and as usual, it was "Camp Swampy" as usual. Max was fine and was glad too see me (or at least glad at the prospect of more food). The arena was pretty waterlogged so I turned Max out but didn't make him run. After cleaning what I can of the stall, I then took Max for a walk along the track and allowed him to graze on some fresh grass.

I'll have to check up on Max either tonight or tommorow- it looks like most of the rain has ended so hopefully things will dry out at the stables and the weather is predicted to be clear for the weekend so hopefully we can hit the trails.

No comments: