Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Monday Monday

I normally hate Mondays and this last Monday was no exception and in fact, even worse, with all the idiots to deal with at work. So I did what I normally do in these situations- go ride Max!

Even though the Monday was pretty hot, by the time I got out to the stables at 6:30, it was cooling down and actually quite pleasant (except for the bugs). For such a hot day, Max was full of energy and it didn't take too much effort before we were sailing down the track at gallop. Better yet, I took him into the wash and ran him there with no issues.

Of course, I have to mention that last week the farrier trimmed Max's hooves and put on new shoes. We'd been working with corrective shoeing and this time, the farrier tried a new set of horseshoes for the front that provides greater support. I think that's made a big difference in Max's trotting and cantering and I've had less of a problem getting Max energized- he moves a lot easier now.

I have to admit, running Max is a great way to relieve stree and it was definately what the doctor ordered. When I got home, I was actually relaxed although a bit sore.

No comments: