Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!!

Well, it's Christmas day here in not-so-sunny Southern California and it's raining cats and dogs. So much for my customary Christmas Day ride.

So with that decided, I sat down with a cup of coffee and did my usual reflection on the holiday moment (I usually reserve this for when I'm riding but oh well!). Strange, the older I get, I really don't want anything much for Christmas (OK, maybe a ranch in Arizona or a Fijord Pony or a period saddle... :-)). I've accumulated WAY too much stuff over the years so I'm doing OK. The only things I really want for Christmas is to be able to enjoy life, be able to ride my horse, and for all my friends to remain helathy and safe, especially the ones currently overseas in places like Afghnistan or Iraq (places not conducive to good health). Not much to ask for!

And while we're at it, would it be too much for people to take a break from killing one another? Try something peaceful and constructive for a change, you might like it! Jeeze.

Anyway, I want to wish everyone a Happy Holiday, Merry Christmas, Happy (insert religious holiday here), etc.! Finally, here's a little something that's traditional and captures the essence of the season, courtesy of Wikipedia:


Mosaic of Jesus as Christo Sole (Christ the Sun) in Mausoleum M in the pre-fourth-century necropolis under St Peter's Basilica in Rome.[12] Christians consider Jesus to be the "sun of righteousness" prophesied in Malachi 4:2.

No comments: