Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Take a Break

Last night I decided to give Max the night off from working so instead I spend some time actually grooming and cleaning up Max. Grooming, yeah I know...

I have to admit that usually, I'm not the most conscientous about grooming Max and especially with combing out the mane and tail. However, I didn't want to have to spend a lot of time doing this on the day before a parade, like I did with the Burbank parade, so I decided to get a jump on things.

Max certainly enjoyed it, especially not having to work, and I managed to get the mane and tail all combed out in about 30 minutes. I also brushed him down and even rubbed him with a pumice stone (it helps put a shine on the haircoat without supplements or anything). I then finished off by putting some Valentine's Hoof Dressing on his hooves.

Overall, not bad at all and hopefully this will save me some time in the long run.

2 comments:

Mel said...

I too are not much into grooming. I love my pumice stone though. My secret weapon in the grooming box! (great for bot eggs too)

Adam Lid said...

Fortunately, Bots haven't been a major issue around here in awhile (nasty critters though, got to look at some of their handiwork in class the other night).

I did promise Max that I'd never use a mane or tail bag on him- no issy stuff here! :-)