Thursday, April 26, 2007

WWI Event in Bakersfield

I have a short week this week since I'll be attending a living history timeline event in Bakersfield this weekend. I'll be going in my WWI infatry impression as a private of Co. G, 364th Infantry, 91st Infantry Division. Co. G was recruited mostly from Southern California so it's definately got a local historical tie.

I'll be driving up tommorow to start preparing our battlesite. The event organizers are digging trenches (sure beats doing them by hand!) and we'll have to do the finishing work- sand bags, barbed wire and the like. We should have 4 or 5 Americans so hopefully we'll be able to get our side together. It seems that more and more, it's resting on my compadre Chris and I to do everything. Since Chris can't get to the event before Saturday aftgernoon, it's going to be up to me a far as the US side. What a pain.

There's a lot that I wanted to do but I ran out of time (life get's in the way again!). The weather is going to be hot- no surprise for Bakersfield. Hopefully, I'll have some pictures to put up when I get back.

Here's a link to the event:

http://www.historyofheroes.com/index.htm

No comments: