Monday, November 5, 2007

What A Weekend!

Well, it was nice to be able to get out and really ride this last weekend. The weather was cooperative and I was able to take Max on one of our usual loops accross the river and back again. I wound up at the Orcas Arena and ran into some of my friends in the Warhorse Society who invited me to join in with them in tent pegging.

As previously posted, we spent a good hour practicing and Max was a complete prince and he had no issues. I'm definately going to get a bamboo pole and convert into a lance.
On Sunday, I took my usual lesson with Max and we had a pretty rigorous training session. We put in a lot of work on the two-point stance at both the trot and canter- I was pretty sore in the legs afterwards! I'm sure Max was also pretty sore so I gave him some bute at the end of the day!

Overall, it was a good weekend and it was good to get out. I also think it was a good break for Max and it helped reinforce the rider-horse bond.

No comments: