Monday, February 25, 2008

Columbus, New Mexico Redux

Well, it's getting close to that time in March when we make our way down to Columbus, New Mexico to commemorate March 9, 1916, the day that Pancho Villa organized and executed a raid on Columbus.

This year it looks like there will be three of us (a bit of a smaller crew than last year) and we'll be piling into my compadre Chris' truck for the journey. Another compadre is driving separately and will be joining us there. It ought to be fun and I'm hoping to hook up with Pablo again to ride. Hopefully there won't be any high winds or storms like there was when we went down in 2006.

Also, if we wind up going accross the border to Palomas, we're ready with passport in hand (due to changes in Federal regulations in regard to border crossing into Mexico, you are now required to have either a passport or a dirver's license and birth certificate).

I'll be posting more on this in the future.

2 comments:

RAEchel Running said...

hola, thanks for leaving a message on my blog.
I would be interested to photograph your group at the Cabalgata. If you're interested please email me with your contact info. Thank you! RMRunningphoto

Adam Lid said...

I don't see any problem with that at all. It's good publicity for us. We belong to the Great War Historical Society, a living history group that's focused on portraying the common WWI soldier.

The Punitive Expedition has always been of interest to me and some of my compadres and especially because it influenced the US entry into WWI.

By all means take photos. We'll be there and we're hard to miss.