Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Monday Night

The rains have gone away and it's warmed up a bit. Last night I went out to the stables to see how Max was doing. Although some of the footing in the arena and other areas are a bit waterlogged, there was definite improvement. Interestingly enough, the weather was fairly warm with warm thermals alternating with some cold pockets- definately better than just chilly.

Since Max looked allright, I decided to ride him and given him a light workout. We walked around the track for several laps and then did some trotting and cantering in the driven dressage arena. Max seemed to do allright and I gave him a long warm-up period. I also did some side-passes and other exercised.

Besides a little trouble with the wet footing, Max seemed to move well and he seemed to be his usual self (although I had to remind him on occassion that he's not on WInter vacation). Naturally Max was rewarded with his usual bucket of A&M and Omolene 200.

No comments: