Monday, January 12, 2009

Superpowers at War


I came accross this game while doing some New Year's Clean-up: Superpowers at War. This was originally published in S&T No. 100 (during the dark years when TSR was publishing it). It's an interesting system but I haven't gotten too far into it. The one bad part is is that the proofreading on the rules is poor and some areas are almost impossible to figure out without the errata (thank you Web Groganards!). It also doesn't help that the counters for one scenario are back-printed on the others- I realize it was a cost-saving measure but please. And the microscopic TSR printing on the counters...anyway, I'm going to give this one a try.

I'm currently playing the "Accross the Rhine" scenario where the Soviets are attempting to cross the Rhine and drive into the Netherlands and Belgium.

When I've played some, I'll post more commentary.

No comments: