Friday, January 28, 2011

Tent Pegging and Other Fun Stuff

Here's an interesting YouTube video that a friend passed along to me. Tent-pegging is a traditional equestrian game invented by bored cavalry troopers in the British Army during the 19th Century (at least that's my take on it) and it requires a high degree of skill. Although the target appear to be more like pieces of wood rather than normal tent pegs (which are smaller), they're still a challenge to hit. I've done some of this with old dishtowels (I know, pretty sad but that's all we could improvise at the time)/ I'd like to get into it more someday. I think Max would be pretty game for it. :-)

2 comments:

jme said...

looks like fun! though i have this vision of myself getting the thing jammed in the ground and pole vaulting off over my horse's head! ;-)

Adam Lid said...

That's kind of why we used old dish towels and blunt bamboo poles (the kind you can find in the garden section at the home improvement store). :-)