Monday, June 11, 2007

And This Week...

This last weekend was pretty low-key at the stables. I did the usual trail ride on Saturday followed up by a lesson on Sunday. On Saturday, I decided to change things up a bit so I rode down the wash and then looped around until I wound up at the Orcas Arena.

However, I then decided to head further down the trail until I hit the Tujunga Wash. Crossing the wash, I then picked up the trail that leads around Hansen Dam. If you go north, it will take you towards the ponds. If you go south, it will loop around past Gibson Ranch and then loop around towards Hansen Dam iteself. I basically followed this path until I reached the beginning of the dam. I then turned to head north towards the river and then follow the wash back to the stables.

Everything wend fine and I even stopped at some sand pits to run Max out a bit. Overall, the boy got a good workout with plenty of chances to rest in between.

Sunday found me at my lesson with Max and for some reason, we had a real problem trying to hit the left lead canter- it was a real pain. I think my body was too stiff and I wasn't giving a clear enough signal to Max with my posture (the left lead is not Max's strong lead, to be sure). After stretching exercises and the like, it finally began to jell but this is something that I'm going to have to work on during the week.

No comments: