Sunday, September 23, 2007

It's Raining!!!

Well, in an unseasonal turn of the weather (with all this talk of global warming, seasons seem to lack meaning...) we wound up getting hit with a major rainstorm out of Canada. Originally this was billed as "there will be some rain but it will pass quickly..." but in reality it was like turning on a firehose in a number of passes.

Friday night, the storm front rolled into the San Fernando Valley and it was soon discharging at full blast. When I got up the next morning, it appeared that it had come and gone so I proceeded to the stables (I didn't get there until about 10:30 am). I proceeded to tack up and decided to just ride around the property (after looking at another front of dark clouds rolling in from the northwest).

I managed to get in a nice ride for about 45 minutes but then...wham! Someone turned on the firehose again! I can do some riding in the rain but this was too much so Max and I beat a hasty retreat to the barn (I was more concerned about my new/used trail saddle than anything else).

I got everything put away and Max cooled off but boy, the rain started getting worse. Oh, and did I mention the thunder and lightning? Finally after making sure Max was OK, I went home.

Jeeze I hate winter! We were having a real nice ride too...oh well, maybe tommorow.

No comments: