Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Search for the Perfect Saddle (or the 7 Cities of Cibola)

Well, the title says it all- I thought the Circle Y Western saddle was going to be a solution but in reality it wasnt' and I have a raw spot to show for it.

At some point I'm going to try and sell this saddle (at a loss, of course), scrape up some additional cash and see about a lightweight endurance saddle. I'm considering one made by Specialized Saddles (the endurance model). A friend of mine has one and she says it's worked out great. At $1500 (approx), this is the cheapest of the "custom" saddles (I just don't have the $2500 to go get a Synergist saddle).

One other option is to look at something from the Australian Stock Saddle Company. The price for their endurance model is around $500 but I don't know if this is going to work out.

Well, until Max heals up, I'm backing off this and regrouping.

No comments: