Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Season

The weather has been acting pretty crappy this week with rain and all so I haven't done much at the stables with Max. Wednesday seemed to dry up a little so I went out to check up on Max. The footing was still pretty muddy around the track and in the arena so I decided to work Max on lunge line.

Lunging Max was allright but it was a real pain getting Max warmed up and then to get him trotting and cantering. It's as if he'd forgetten everything. The weather wasn't too cold but maybe the footing wasn't the best. After a lot of yelling and snapping the whip, I finally got Max to start working and it went better after that. At least he didn't get the idea that it was Winter Vacation and he could do whatever he feels like. But I have to say, it was a lot like trying to move a sack of concrete- all resistence and grudging cooperation.

Supposedly it will be clear this weekend so hopefully things will dry out and I can give Max a good workout. And maybe I'll get some trail time in...

No comments: