Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Monday Night Max

Last night I took the lazy approach to Max...I decided simply to saddle up and take a ride around Gabriellano Park at sunset. It was a pretty good ride and I went a different way than I usually do, this time going by way of the path between the Nursery and the Equestrian Center. The weather was fairly cool and the insect life was minimal.

We ran a couple of laps around the arena (someone was using it inside) and then headed towards home. Instead of working around the Equestrian Center, we went accross the wash and then headed back. The whole idea was an unpredicatable route.

On the way back, I also practiced halting Max and standing for a few minutes before moving further and all the way home, we did it at the walk. The idea is to work on Max's trail manners and counter any barnsour behavior.

Overall, it worked out pretty good. Now add a few horses and see if he still does this...hmmmm.

No comments: