Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Columbus- Maybe Next Year

Well, with great regret I have to say that I won't be going to Columbus, New Mexico this year. First, I got an email from the park ranger at Pancho Villa State Park advising that Pablo's owner will be out of town so Pablo will be unavailable for riding. Then, I got the vet bill for Max in the some of $340 which pretty much wiped out the travel budget. Finally, to make things worse, I got an email from my compadre, who I was depending on for transportation since my van is no shape for long distance travel, that he'd miscalculated his schedule and there was an event he'd have to attend with this kids on the same weekend as the Pancho Villa commemorative events.

Jeeze, I just can't win. Well, I've already put in for the vacation time so I might as well as enjoy it as best I can so it looks like I'll be hanging out with Max and riding some of the other horses in the barn.

No comments: