Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Rehabbing Max

Since I've decided to give Max some more time off, I've been coming up to the stables on a regular basis to check up on him. Tonight I decided to run him around the arena a bit to see how things are progressing on the front right foot.

I chased Max around with a lunge whip and while he was slow to move, he eventually fired up and was running around the arena bucking, snorting and farting (yep, they actually do that). After about five minutes of this, I rested him some and walked him around the stables and let him graze. Everything appeared to go OK until walking him on the track when he seemed to start limping a little bit. Maybe it was the light but it didn't look good. Great, another setback!

After cooling him down, I gave Max his bucket and added some Bute for good measure. I guess we'll give him some more days off.

No comments: