Thursday, March 27, 2008

Max Update

After riding Max Monday and Tuesday night, I decided to give Max the night off last night. On Monday and Tuesday, we did some riding mostly in the wash and around the stables, combining some cantering, trotting and walking. Overall, pretty good and it appears that Max is definately back to his old self (lazy and all).

Now I'm going to have to resum my search for a decent trail/endurance saddle for long rides. My last experiment with the Circle Y Western saddle was a disaster so clearly something else will have to be tried. I don't really have $2,000-$3,000 to drop on a saddle so I'm going to have see if I can find something that's good and affordable.

With the general Spring warm-up, the bugs have been out with a vengeance (especially the gnats) and they seem to especially be in force around dusk. Hopefully, this phase will soon pass...good thing I got Max his shots in early March before this became too obnoxious.

No comments: